In honor of Satchel Paige’s 108th-ish birthday today. Here are his famous RULES FOR STAYING YOUNG as presented in his autobiography Maybe I’ll Pitch Forever.
1. Avoid fried meats which angry up the blood.
2. If you stomach disputes you, lie down and pacify it with cool thoughts.
3. Keep the juices flowing by jangling around gently as you move.
4. Go very light on the vices, such as carrying on in society. The social ramble ain’t restful.
5. Avoid running at all times.
6. Don’t look back. Something might be gaining on you.
Happy Birthday Satch!Share